Babies are God’s blessings with angelic features that light up the life of the parents. One of the most exciting moment about is naming the baby after they are born. Parents, most often the mothers, start thinking about baby names when they enter their fourth month. Every person has a different taste in naming either they search for uniqueness, origin, powerful meaning or just the simplicity of the name.
In the year 2021, due to the pandemic situation a lot of people have confounded in watching television for time escaping therefore the naming of baby somehow is effected as well but not in the bad way. Most of the time, parents select the name for their baby based on their favorite character from movie, TV drama or books.
Here are some of the best ideas for names which are trending in the year of 2021.
- It is derived from a Latin word.
- It is a mythological name of the goddess of dawn.
- Another source is the Disney princess ‘Aurora’
Meaning : Dawn , Peak of Sunrise
- It is originated from the Latin word ‘Aurelius’.
- Also, in ancient Rome, a gold coin was used named as ‘Aurous’ which lead to the word ‘Aurelius’.
Meaning : The Golden One, Precious
- It is derived from the French word ‘Heloise’. It comes from the German word ‘Helewidis’.
- It is mix-up of French word and English form of the French name
Meaning : Famous Warrior – according to French origin, Healthy, wide – according to the English word ‘Eloise’
- It is derived from Hebrew word ‘Hazael’.
- Also, it is derived from the Hazelnut tree.
Meaning : God sees / watches, Hazel is also known for the color of eyes or something that resembles ‘reddish-brown’ or ‘greenish-brown’ in color.
- It is a Greek originated word.
- It was the name of one of the messengers of God, who was also the Greek goddess of the rainbow.
- Iris is also the colorful part of the eye.
Meaning : Rainbow, Iris flower
- It is derived from an English word ‘Ifig’which symbolizes fidelity.
- Ivy is also a flower which symbolizes eternal life as the plant is evergreen.
- Ancient Greek gave ivy as a sign for faithfulness.
Meaning : Faithfulness , Strong willed
- It is derived from Scottish word ‘Islay’ which is the name of an Island in the West side of Scotland.
- It is also the name of two rivers in Scotland.
Meaning : Bright as Sun, Resilient, Strong personality, Brilliant
- It is originated from Latin word ‘Luna’ which means ‘the moon’.
- According to mythological facts, ‘Luna’ was the name of ancient Roman goddess of the moon
Meaning : The moon, Light
- It is derived from Irish and Gaelic originated word ‘Maedhbh’.
- ‘Maedhbh’ was the name of an Irish powerful and legendary warrior queen of the first century
Meaning : Potent, Strong
- It is derived from Greek origin.
- According to the mythological facts, ‘Ophelia’ was the goddess of sorrow, time and rivers.
Meaning : Helper
Baby Names for Boys
- Derived from Old English word.
Meaning : Fortified Hills, Protected, Strong
- It is a Latin originated word meaning ‘Athenian’ or ‘man of Attica’.
Meaning : A brave soul
- It is a Hebrew originated word.
- It is originated from the Prophet ‘Ezra’
Meaning : Helper, Helpful
It has different origins like;
- German – ‘Finn’ is a German surname which represents the people of Finland.
- Irish – ‘Finn’ is the reduced form of an Irish name ‘Gaelic O Finn’.
Meaning : Fair, Energetical, Charming
- Jude is the English word of Judah which is originated from the Hebrew word ‘Yehudah’.
Meaning : Appraised
- It is originated from the Finnish word ‘Kaimbe’.
Meaning : Rejoice, Sea, Warrior
- It is originated from the Greek word ‘Leo’ meaning Lion.
Meaning : Lion, King, Brave heart
- It is a German originated word.
Meaning : Merciful, Peaceful, Calm
- It is a Greek originated word.
Meaning : Forest, Bold
- It is originated from the Ancient-Greek word ‘Theodoros’.
Meaning : God’s gift
Celebrity Baby Names
Recently some of the famous celebrities became parents of new born babies. Their name selection as per the gender is hereby given;
Ø Bowie – Scottish and Irish originated word.
Jessica Szohr and Brad
Ø Rhodes – Greek originated word.
Where roses grow
Emma Roberts and Garrett
James Thomas Augustine Emanuel
Ø James – Hebrew originated word.
One who follows.
Maria Cahill and David
Ø Chapel – French originated word.
Kathryn and Josh
Ø It is a German originated word from ‘Ecke’.
Sharp sword blade.
Keyshia and Gucci
The names of the baby does not need to be from the trending list. Most of the parents prefer their baby to have the best meaningful names with beautiful pronunciation.
Other Names for Boys and Girls
Life, Water, Bird
One who plays harp (musical instrument)
Pledged to God
Star of the Sea
Related to olive tree – which means peace
The right hand of God
Irish and German
Artificer of stone
The pressure of selecting baby’s name is normal considering there are many good options. Some parents select baby’s name after their favorite drama or movie character and later on regret their decision therefore it is normally advised to think before finalizing the name.